Apple Dump Cake
Dump cakes are easy to make and taste great. They are great as a quick dessert for a group. Add the ingredients, and let the oven do the rest.
What I love the most about them, they use a boxed yellow cake mix. Three ingredients and you have a tasty dessert. Apple not your favorite? Then use peach pie filling instead of apple pie filling. They are versatile and easy and very tasty.
In the fall, we get to pick apples from a friends tree. If that is not available, we get a bushel from the local apple orchard. I peel and core the apples and then slice them. Add the following items to a freezer storage bag:
- 4 medium apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
Pull out a freezer bag and thaw and use it like you would canned apple pie filling. I will dump a bag into a pre-made refrigerated pie crust and make a quick apple pie.
This recipe can also be cooked in a slow cooker. Add the apple pie filling, dry cake mix and then the melted butter to a 5 qt slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Spoon out the cake and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whip cream. You can even sprinkle powdered sugar or drizzle with some caramel topping first.
More recipes to try:
Apple Dump Cake
- 2 15oz Cans of Apple Pie Filling
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix do NOT prepare. dry mix only
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a well greased 9x9 baking dish, add the apple pie filling to the dish.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon on top then add the dry cake mix over the top evenly.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish and pour evenly over the top of the dry cake mix.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven.
- Cook at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.