Baked French Toast is a fun way to have a family breakfast. You’re basically using the ingredients for French Toast (both before made and when you eat it) as a casserole. This is perfect for Christmas or Thanksgiving morning, “Breakfast for Dinner”, desserts and a great dish to bring for potlucks. If you are planning it for the morning, you may want to pre cut the bread, pre mix the eggs/milk portion of the recipe the night before, just to save some time while storing the mixture in the refrigerator.
When serving this, you can add fresh fruit, powdered sugar, whip cream or even ice cream.
Blog link up at Simply Sweet Home
Baked French Toast
- 1 Pound Sliced French Bread Cut into 1 inch strips
- 8 Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/4th Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4th Cup Butter
- 1 1/3rd Cup Brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Ice Cream, Powder Sugar, Whipping Cream Can be used to serve with it.
- 1-2 Tablespoons Butter To grease the dish with.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt the 1-2 inches of butter and using a paper towel, grease your casserole dish.
- Cut the bread into one inch strips, place them in the casserole dish overlapping each other.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, heavy whipping cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over the bread.
- In a saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup and continue to stir until bubbling. Drizzle over the bread and egg mixture.
- Bake in an oven, uncovered for 40 minutes at 350 degrees