Baked French Toast is a fun way to have a family breakfast. You’re basically using the ingredients for French Toast (both before made and when you eat it) as a casserole. This is perfect for Christmas or Thanksgiving morning, “Breakfast for Dinner”, desserts and a great dish to bring for potlucks. If you are planning it for the morning, you may want to pre cut the bread, pre mix the eggs/milk portion of the recipe the night before, just to save some time while storing the mixture in the refrigerator.
You will need a glass 13×9 casserole dish to bake the French Toast. You’ll also need a mixing bowl and a saucepan.
When serving this, you can add fresh fruit, powdered sugar, whip cream or even ice cream.
Blog link up at Simply Sweet Home
Baked French Toast
- 1 Pound Sliced French Bread Cut into 1 inch strips
- 8 Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/4th Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4th Cup Butter
- 1 1/3rd Cup Brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Ice Cream, Powder Sugar, Whipping Cream Can be used to serve with it.
- 1-2 Tablespoons Butter To grease the dish with.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt the 1-2 inches of butter and using a paper towel, grease your casserole dish.
- Cut the bread into one inch strips, place them in the casserole dish overlapping each other.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, heavy whipping cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over the bread.
- In a saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup and continue to stir until bubbling. Drizzle over the bread and egg mixture.
- Bake in an oven, uncovered for 40 minutes at 350 degrees