If you love baked sweet potatoes, you will love these Baked Parmesan Sweet Potatoes. Roasting sweet potatoes is easier than you think.
This recipe is similar to one that I have made before using red potatoes. It is one of my and my families favorites but this time, I substituted the red potatoes for cubed sweet potatoes and fell in love! Each cube is bite size and pops right into your mouth full of flavor and sweet potato goodness.
The best part about these oven roasted sweet potatoes is that it’s super simple It takes 5-10 minutes to prepare your potatoes and the ingredients and have them ready to bake. And, cleanup is a matter of removing the foil and tossing it into the recycle bin and a quick clean of a cookie pan.
Baked Sweet Potato Tips and Tricks
While these baked cubes taste perfect as is, if you want to add just a little more flavor, consider topping the sweet potatoes with:
- shaved fresh Parmesan
- chopped chives
- chopped green onions
- fresh chopped parsley
Want a little crispier cubes? These sweet potato cubes ended up soft and just slightly toasted on the outside. But to make them even more crispier, flip them half way through the cooking process.
What if I have leftovers? These Baked Parmesan Sweet Potatoes store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days and can be reheated in the microwave or place back in the oven for 10 minutes to make them crispy again. I like to add my leftovers to a little cooked white rice and chopped chicken for lunch the next day.
Parmesan Sweet Potatoes are great for the holidays or family gatherings. The recipe is easy to double or triple.
Baked Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes washed, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 4 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes into 1 inch bite size cubes.
- Add garlic, oil, butter, garlic salt, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning into a small mixing bowl and whisk lightly.
- Pour the liquid into a gallon size ziploc bag and add in the sweet potatoes cubes.
- Shake well until the cubes are coated.
- Place aluminim foil on cookie sheet and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Places coated sweet potatoes onto cookie sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve warm.