A healthier take on chocolate chips cookies with Banana Bread Chocolate Chip cookies. Soft cookies that melt in your mouth. All the flavor of banana bread in a soft, chewy, moist cookie.
Tips for the best banana bread chocolate chip cookies
- Use an overripe banana. You know that banana your kids will not touch and you are not sure how long it lasted on your counter. The riper the banana, the more banana flavor and sweetness it will have.
- Don’t over mix the batter. Over mixing can lead to a dry texture and more of a bread type consistency. Mix just to the point that the ingredients are incorporated.
- Do not overbake them. You want your cookies just starting to show brown along the bottom edges and the middles still slightly under baked.
- Remove the cookies from the cookie sheet as soon as possible. Leaving the cookies on a hot baking sheet will just let the cookies continue to cook. Place the cookies on a baking rack once you remove them from the stove.
- 1 medium overripe banana mashed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2/3 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine the vegetable oil, brown sugar, and mashed banana. Mix well.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Again, mix well
- add the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir until combined.
- folk in the chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray cooking oil on a cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to scoop out 1 inch dough balls. Place them 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown and the cookies have puffed up but the middles are still slightly unbaked.
- Remove from oven and placed the cookies on a cooling rack and allow to cool before eating!