Best Ever Chili
Nothing better than a big bowl on a cold day. This is easy to make and quite tasty. Great with a handful of crackers.
The nice thing about chili is it is easy to make and hard to mess up. Cook it on low heat and allow the flavors to cook slowly. Top with shredded Colby Jack cheese, chopped onions or just crackers. Growing up, my grandma always put a little bit of butter on top of her saltine crackers. She would make 10 or so up and have them on the side of the plate. I remember watching her dip the crackers in it and she used to tell us grand kids “only way to eat chili”. Needless to say, this is how I eat it now too.
I made this on the stove top in a 6 quart stockpot. It’s a quick recipe to make and you can use your leftovers for a totally different meal like later Baked Potatoes or Hot Dogs.
More Recipes like this:
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
Slow Cooker Chili Coney Dog Sauce
Best Ever Chili
- 1 Pound Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Large Yellow Onion diced
- 1 Small Green Pepper diced
- 4 Cloves garlic minced
- 2 15 oz canned kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- In a 5 qt or 6 qt stock pot, brown the meat, onions and garlic until the meat is browned. Drain any extra drippings. Return meat to the pot.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese or chopped onions.