Blueberry Muffin’s in a bread! This bread was a huge hit at work. All the support staff were coming to my office to see what baked goods I had and if they could try them. I cut this loaf in thick pieces so it would be easy to take a slice. One slice was plenty for an afternoon snack. And, I got nothing but rave reviews on this bread.
During the summer, I wait for a good sale on fresh blueberries. Usually, I can find them at $.99 a pint or $1.19 a pint. I try to get at least 12 pints and something if I can I get 24 pints. Add one pint in a quart size freezer bag. I lay all the bags flat and freeze them. When I need blueberries, I can just grab a bag.
The frozen blueberries are great sprinkled on corn flakes. I did thaw the blueberries some what for this recipe but not completely. The blueberries will not crush as easily if they are still slightly frozen. You’ll need a 9 inch loaf pan and a large mixing bowl to mix your fresh berries and dry mix to make the perfect Blueberry Muffin Bread.
More recipes to try:
Blueberry Muffin Bread
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla extract and the milk. Mix well.
- Add in the flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Add the blueberries and fold in to the batter being careful not to damage the berries.
- Add the batter to a well greased 9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve.