Buttery Pork Chops n’ Veggies is a great recipe to use those fresh garden veggies that you are harvesting. Have your neighbors and friends given you a stack of squash? This recipe is perfect for you.
This is the perfect Sunday dish using pork chops where you can use more or less pork chops. Bone in or Boneless Pork chops will work. The meat will be really tender thus easy to fall off the bone. Butter helps make this dish taste fabulous. Butter also makes the browning of the pork chop taste really good and is great addition for the veggies.
The Slow Cooker at the end is used as a basic steamer for the squash and zucchini which is the perfect way to cook those veggies. The slow cooker creates the perfect texture for them. You can easily replace the squash and zukes with asparagus, fresh green beans or peas. Whichever one you love the best. You can even sprinkle a little Parmesan on top. It would taste great!
I used my 7 quart slow cooker. Remember that with this dish you can use the amount of pork chops that your family needs. You can just do one layer and then veggies, or do two layers, alternating them and then spread the veggies around and on top. Use your favorite noodles or even rice, cooked separately on the stove top or rice cooker, to serve the dish on.
Looking for more Pork Chop Recipes? Slow Cooker Italian Pork Chops & Potatoes
Buttery Pork Chops n’ Veggies
- 4-6 Pork Chops
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter
- 1 Cup Baby or Large Chopped Carrots
- 1 Quartered Yellow Onion
- 1 Yellow Squash Sliced
- 1 Zucchini Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil
- 1 Bag (12 oz) Egg Noodles Can also do rice.
- Garlic Salt
- Mrs. Dash
- Pam Cooking Spray
- Use 2 tablespoons of Butter to help brown the pork chops for 2 minutes on each side. Sprinkle your three dry spices on the sides of the pork chops.
- Spray your crock with Pam. Lay the pork chops on the bottom of the slow cooker, layering if necessary.
- Spread the Quartered Onions and Carrots over the pork chops. Cut 2 tablespoons of butter into small pats and spread in several places over veggies and sprinkle more dry spices.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Check temperature of the pork chops at 4 hours, it needs to reach 145 degrees.
- Melt the 4 other tablespoons of butter and mix in the fresh basil. Slice the zucchini and Yellow Squash. Spread the squash and zucchini over the dish and pour over the buttery basil. Add more dry spices. Cook on low for 15 minutes, covered.
- On the stove top boil egg noodles or make some rice to serve the dish on.
More Recipes to love
Creamy Chicken N Sweet Potatoes