Growing up, my father took us to Red Lobster every couple of months. I remember they always came to the table with a basket of biscuits that would melt in your mouth. They had just a hint of garlic and a cheesy cheddar taste. We would always go through two or even three baskets at the table. This recipe is those Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
Make the batter up and add to a well greased loaf pan. Want to make these into biscuits instead? Use a large serving spoon and scoop out a spoonful and spoon them onto the sheet. Continue spooning until there is no batter left. Cook at the temperature but only for 10-15 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked in the middle. Remove the biscuits from the sheet and cool on a cooling rack. Serve once the biscuits are cool to the touch.
I have also made these into muffins. Use a muffin tin and spray with cooking oil. Add a spoonful and a half to each muffin. This recipe will make about 12-14 muffins. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the muffins spring back to the touch. Remove from the oven and remove the muffins from the tin. Cool on a rack until cool to the touch. Serve.
More recipes to try:
Cheddar Garlic Bread
- 2 cups all purpose baking mix Bisquick
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup shredded extra sharp cheese
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add the baking mix, cheddar cheese and milk. Mix well.
- Pour the batter in a well greased bread pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. Top should be golden brown and the middle will be set.
- Cool the bread pan on a wire rack. Remove loaf from pan, slice and serve.