Can I Make This in the Slow Cooker
This soup is just as easy to make in the slow cooker as it is on the stove. Cook the hamburger first and make sure it is drained of any extra drippings. Add the cooked hamburger and the remaining ingredients except the processed cheese and cream cheese, to a slow cooker. Reserve the processed cheese and cream cheese for later. Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 7 hours. At this point, you will add the processed cheese and cream cheese in cubes and cook for an additional hour. Stir and the soup is ready to serve!
- 1 Pound Extra Lean Ground Beef browned and drained
- 2 Medium Russet Potatoes diced
- 2 Medium carrots peeled and diced
- 3 Celery Stalks peeled and diced
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese cubed
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain any drippings.
- In a stock pot, add cooked hamburger, onion, carrots, celery, potatoes, salt, pepper, basil, garlic powder and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add in the cubed Velveeta cheese and cream cheese. Stir until completely melted.
- Serve with French bread or in a bread bowl.
More recipes to try: