The classic Pudding Popsicle made at home using your favorite pudding and a popsicle mold! A tasty snack during the summer months, or a great snack before bed.
What type of chocolate pudding can I use?
This recipe is best using just the instant pudding box. The name brand Jell-o or the store brand works just the same. The classic pudding popsicle recipe is using just the chocolate flavor pudding, but you can use any flavor you want and even mix the flavors to come up with your own pudding popsicle!
Chocolate Pudding Popsicles
- 1 Popsicle mold plastic popsicle mold or cups
- 5 popscile sticks one for each popscile
- 1 3.4oz Package Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 2 cups Milk
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the dry pudding mix and the milk.
- Using a hand held mixer or a whisk, mix the ingredients until they begin to thicken.
- Spoon the pudding mixture into the popsicle mold (or cups) making sure to bounce the mold/cups to remove air bubbles and push the pudding to the bottom of the mold.
- Add popsicles sticks and place in the freezer for 3 to 5 hours or until the popsicle is fully formed.
- Run the mold under warm water to remove the popsicle. Enjoy!
What can I use to form the pudding popsicle?
There are many things one can use as a mold for freezer popsicles. These are just a few ideas:
- Purchase a popsicle mold
- paper kitchen cups and a popsicle stick
- muffin tins
- ice cube trays
- small freezer plastic bags and popsicle sticks
- reuse small yogurt containers (clean and dry before using)
Running a little warm water over the bottom of the mold will help the popsicle come loose enough to remove. Remember do not yank the stink, you want to slowly allow the popsicle to slide out so you do not break it.