Easy Cheese Quiche
Quiche is very easy to make and very tasty. My kids do not care for it but it is one of my favorites.Once a month, I try a new quiche or make one of my favorites.
I prefer to use my own homemade crust but when I am in a pinch for time, I have been known to use a refrigerated pie crust or a frozen pie crust from the store. Either option works for making the quiche.
I used a sharp cheddar cheese for this recipe. A mixture of mozzarella and cheddar cheese also makes a tasty quiche.
Easy Homemade Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, diced and chilled
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cold Water
- Combine the flour and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the diced butter and using a fork, cut the butter into the flour until little balls form.
- Add in the cold water and mix until a dough begins to form. Using clean hands, finish mixing the dough until a round ball forms.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to form your pie crust.
Frugal Cooking Tips:
- Easy Cheese Quiche is a basic quiche recipe. Use leftover chopped ham, or bacon or even a little chopped veggies in the quiche.
- Have just a little leftover bacon, ham or sausage? Store excess in a freezer bag and use this for morning eggs. Make an omelet or just scrambled eggs with the extras mixed in.
More recipes to try:
Easy Cheese Quiche
- 4 Medium Eggs
- 1 Cup 2% Milk
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Refrigeratd Pie Crust or homemade pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Let refrigerated pie crust stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, heavy cream, flour, salt and pepper. Beat with a whisk until the well mixed.
- Unroll the pie crust and place in a 9 inch pie pan pressing from the bottom and up the sides and flute the edges.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese onto the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie pan over the top of the cheese.
- Bake the quiche for 40-45 minutes until the quiche is puffed and golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.