Easy Cowboy Dip
A good dip can make a great party! This Easy Cowboy Dip is a great dip and will make your friends and family want the recipe. 6 Ingredients in this quick and easy dip. The alcohol from the beer will burn off when you heat the Cowboy dip.
Prefer to use a slow cooker instead of the stove? Party’s are a great time to use slow cookers to keep items heated and warm. Brown the sausage on the stove and drain any drippings. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Stir occasionally. Serve on warm with your chips and let your friends and family fill their own plates with this Easy Cowboy Dip.
Frugal Cooking Tips:
- Stock up on canned beans during sales. I watch the sales and wait for the price to go under $.79 for canned beans and I will purchase extra for my pantry.
- Check websites for your favorite brands for printable coupons to add to your savings. It is also worth it to email your favorite brands and ask for coupons.
- Processed American Cheese can be expensive. Store brands can be just as good as the name brand items. Save money by using store brands.
- Monday is a good day to find marked down meats. Most are just close on the sell by date. Purchase these and freeze until use.
More like this:
Slow Cooker Copycat Chili’s Queso Dip
Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Onion Dip
Slow Cooker Spicy Kielbasa Jalapeno Dip
Easy Cowboy Dip
- 1/2 Pound Pork Sausge browned, crumbled and drained
- 8 oz Processed American Cheese like Velveeta and cubed
- 1 Cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 10 oz Diced Tomatoes with Chiles
- 1 15 oz Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 3/4 Cup Pale Ale Beer
- On the stove top, brown the sausage. Drain any drippings.
- In a medium size pan, add all the ingredients.
- Heat on medium heat stirring until the cheese has fully melted.
- Serve with chips or slices of toasted bread.