This Easy Pizza Bread is a pizza cooked into a slice-able bread. Served warm it is delicious! I used pepperoni in this recipe but you can add your favorite pizza toppings from chopped green peppers, chopped onions, black olives and even pineapple can be added before cooking.
I serve this Easy Pizza Bread with a little bowl of warm marinara sauce to dip each piece. My oldest also loves warm nacho cheese to dip her bread in.
I have an entire collection of cast iron pans and found these cute cast iron bread loaf pans. The breads I cook in it comes out perfect with nicely browned edges. A regular bread loaf pan can also be used. Make sure to spray cooking oil on the pan before adding the batter.
Frugal Cooking Tips:
- Once the cast iron pan is cleaned, spray with cooking oil and use a paper towel to wipe the oil over the pan. This will keep the pan from rusting and keep the pan in good order.
- Green peppers freeze nicely. Chop one or two green peppers and add to a freezer bag. Use for soups, omelets, or even Easy Pizza Bread straight out of the bag.
- Baking soda and baking powder have an expiration date. Regularly replace these items. Old powder or soda can effect the way a recipe turns out. I use my older baking soda to keep the fridge fresh or to clean the dog bed.
- Purchase flour in large bags. I always freeze my flour when I bring it home to rid it of any possible bugs. Store flour in large canning jars with lids until use.
More recipes to try:
Slow Cooker Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Easy Pizza Bread
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Pepperoni Slices chopped
- 1/2 Cup Marinara Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bread loaf pan well.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Add in the eggs, milk and olive oil. Mix well.
- Next, stir in the chopped pepperoni and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Add a portion of the batter to the bottom of a loaf pan. Alternate batter, marinara sauce and then batter until all is used.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or until the middle has set and the edges are golden brown.