Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos is a simple way to make a yummy taco meal. You only need Chicken, Chicken broth and taco seasoning. It’s a great dish if you’re in a rush or just have basic ingredients for a meal.
Partly because of this recipe I try to keep a jar of homemade taco seasoning on hand. Just simple ingredients so you can avoid purchase the store bought stuff. Great if you have Gluten, Wheat type allergies too, as they are often used as binders. The taco seasoning recipe as follows:
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder (no salt)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt (sea salt if possible)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Paprika (smoked if possible)
- 1 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp. Ground Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper flakes (pinch or omit for mild)
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper (omit for mild)
If you are needing a low or no salt version for your Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos you can omit the salt for your Taco Seasoning and use low or no salt broth for your chicken taco meat.
To make this dish you will need a Slow Cooker, Measuring cups/Spoons, Jar/lid if you make your own taco seasoning, shredding tool, and mixing bowl.
Still Hungry? Frito Taco Casserole is another great Taco Meal!
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 1-2 Pounds Chicken Breasts, Boneless/Skinless
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 3 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- Cooking Spray
- Tortillas Flour, Corn or Taco Bowl
- Taco toppings Lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, Olives, sour cream, ect
- Spray Slow Cooker with Cooking Spray and place Chicken in Slow cooker.
- Mix the chicken broth with the taco seasoning. Pour over the chicken in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Check temps before done. Pull all out, place in a mixing bowl and shred chicken. Serve in your tacos as you choose.