Egg & Potato Breakfast Casserole is a dish that I made because we love egg dishes at our house. With 3 hens, we have dozens of eggs all the time. I had a big bowl of baked potato leftovers that I needed to use. One of my biggest goals is to not waste food! I used my favorite casserole dish which is very similar to this one, but you can use any casserole dish that is at least 9 x 11.
The dish was easy to put together, and it was fun to have a different egg meal then the typical ones we eat. My son enjoyed it so much he devoured the rest of the leftover the next day.
Eggs & Potato Breakfast Casserole
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Yellow Onion Chopped
- 4 Potatoes Diced (Russet or Idaho), I used leftover ones.
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 10 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Sausage Can be the pre-cooked links kind for ease or leftovers
- 1 Cup shredded cheese Cheddar or Colby
- Preheat Oven to 350 and grease a 9x11 Casserole Dish (cooking spray is fine)
- Saute Diced Onions & Potatoes on stove top in Olive Oil. Add 1 teaspon Salt and Pepper while sauteing.
- Beat eggs in mixing bowl with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- In your casserole dish pour the onions and potatoes in and sprinkle the sausage.
- Drizzle the beaten eggs over the veggies and sausage. Cover with cheese. Cover with a casserole glass lid or aluminium foil. Cook for 40 minutes or until eggs are cooked, not runny.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!