Garden Fresh Salsa that can be made at home any time of the year with the right ingredients. It is also best made with garden fresh tomatoes, but the nice thing is you can find fresh produce at the store any time of the year. And, the taste is out of this world. Jarred salsa does not compare to salsa made from fresh produce.
Garden Fresh Salsa is really easy to make and one that I tend to gorge myself on immediately. I love serving it for brunch with the family or when the kids and I are playing board games.
My kids prefer the vegetables chopped very small and on these occasions I use my food processor to make more of a paste for the salsa. But sometimes, I prefer my salsa a little more chunky. On those times, I chopped half the tomatoes and half the onion in smaller pieces and after using the food processor on the rest, I stir in the hand chopped tomatoes and onions.
I used one jalapeno pepper for this mild version. If you like your salsa a little hotter in flavor, add in another jalapeno or even a ghost pepper! One of my co-workers wanted me to make salsa with his homegrown ghost peppers. I did and WOW was it spicy but really good. If you do use the ghost peppers, remember to wear gloves when cutting the peppers. You do not want to accidentally rub your eyes after and get any of the ghost pepper juice in your eye.
More recipes like this:
Garden Fresh Salsa
- 10 Fresh Roma Tomatoes ends cut off and the seeds and juice "squeezed" out
- 1 medium Yellow Onion diced
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Cup fresh cilantro
- 1 Lime juice only
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Medium Jalapeno Pepper diced
- Rinse and dry the tomatoes. Slice the ends off and cut them in half. Squeeze the tomato in your hands to remove the juice and seeds.
- Put the tomatoes in a food processor. Pulse 4-6 times until the tomatoes are thick and chunky.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse 3-5 times.
- Eat immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an air tight container.