Once I had kids of my own, I found that I needed to make more food homemade. I felt like my kids deserved a homemade version to allow them to grow healthy. My kids were right there with me making recipes and learning how to follow recipes and cook. We did everything from homemade corn dogs to cookies to granola.
This recipe is your basic recipe. You can build on this recipe and add in other ingredients. Nuts, coconut, and dried fruit are just a few of the items you can add in to have a tasty granola that is personalized.
I like to play around and make different types of granola. I like slivered almonds in my granola and dried apples. Toasted coconut and different types of nuts is also good.
This granola is great in a bowl with milks for breakfast. My kids prefer to eat it dry and out of the jar. They also take it in their school lunches to snack on.
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk oil, honey, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the oats into the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Spread the granola on a baking sheet as evenly as possible.
- Place the baking sheet in a preheated 300 degree oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cool the granola completely. Store in an air tight container.