Lemon Bars are a simple but mysterious dessert that people love to eat but are unsure how to make. By far, they are one of the simplest dessert bars to make that look like they aren’t simple! A prebaked flakey crust topped with a soft and almost gel filling full of lemon flavor and goodness.
Simple but tasty recipe that anyone can make. These are a great make-ahead desert for the perfect holiday treat or one to serve with a summer picnic. The key is the perfect balance of crust to filling ratio and this recipe for Lemon Bars sets up perfectly every time! The final piece is a light dusting of powdered sugar on top!
Tips for Making the Best Tasting Lemon Bars
- Accurately measure your ingredients! This is the one thing that makes a huge difference in all baking recipes. Use a knife to level off your powdered ingredients to insure you get just the right amount.
- Always keep an eye on the bars while they bake. This will insure that the crust does not burn and the middle is set just right.
- If your kitchen is warm, place the cooled bars in the refrigerator before slicing. This will firm them up and give you nice clean slices.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. This will keep them from spoiling.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large lemons juiced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Bake this crust for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool.
- Once the bars have cooled, cut into squares and serve.
More recipes to love:
Brown Sugar Bacon Pineapple Bites
Pumpkin Pan Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting