Salsa with the sweet flavor of Mandarin Orange’s but with the hotness of the Jalapeno. Serve with a salty Tortilla Chip and the taste evens itself out! Very tasty.
Mandarin Orange Salsa is a simple fresh salsa with quartered mandarin oranges as the main ingredient. 6 fresh and simple ingredients make up this salsa recipe. The end result is a sweet but spicy salsa that pairs well with simple tortilla chips. This makes a great summer salsa served fresh from the refrigerator
Besides as a side, Mandarin Orange Salsa is great with:
- grilled fish
- topping for baked or grilled chicken
- grilled shrimp
- tossed with lettuce for a tasty salad
Mandarin Orange Salsa
- 4 mandarin oranges peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno deseeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice from one line
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Peel and segment the mandarin oranges. Then slice each segment into quarters
- In a small bowl, stir together the orange quarters, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and salt.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a topping on grilled seafood.