Salsa with the sweet flavor of Mandarin Orange’s but with the hotness of the Jalapeno. Serve with a salty Tortilla Chip and the taste evens itself out! Very tasty.
I was gifted a large bag of mandarin oranges and after a week of eating mandarin oranges with every meal, I needed to find a different way to eat them. I talked to a friend of mine and she suggested a Mandarin Orange Salsa. A simple fresh salsa with quartered mandarin oranges as the main ingredient.
6 fresh and simple ingredients make up this Mandarin Orange salsa. The end result was a sweet but spicy salsa that paired well with simple tortilla chips. I served this with sandwiches for lunch. This was a perfect pairing for a light lunch. I had a little leftover and it stored well in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
This would be perfect served with baked or grilled fish as a side compliment or even as a topping on a shrimp taco!
Mandarin Orange Salsa
- 4 mandarin oranges peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno deseeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice from one line
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Peel and segment the mandarin oranges. Then slice each segment into quarters
- In a small bowl, stir together the orange quarters, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and salt.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a topping on grilled seafood.
More recipes to love: