Peach Dump Cake is an easy dessert to make and one that is very tasty. It is great served warm or at room temperature.
I can usually find a great sale on canned peaches around fall at my local grocery store. They do a “Cantastic Sale” and have many canned vegetables and canned fruit as part of the sale. I try to stock up on these canned items during the sale for cheap ingredients to use during the winter.
I do try and can my own fresh peaches. In years past, I have always been given baskets of fresh peaches and would can them in regular syrup or with a spiced syrup. Unfortunately, the last two years I have not found a decent deal on fresh peaches and have resorted to stocking up on canned store bought peaches when I find a good sale.
This recipe can also be cooked in a slow cooker. Use a 5 qt or 6 qt slow cooker. Follow the instructions and add the peaches, dry cake mix and then the melted butter to the slow cooker in layers. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or until the sides are golden brown and the middle has set. Serve.
This recipe can also be double or tripled. The cooking time might increase 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the batter. This recipe is great to take to a church function or school function as a quick and easy dessert.
More recipes to try:
Peach Dump Cake
- 1 14.5 oz canned peaches
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix dry mix
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the peaches, juice and all, into a well greased 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Pour the dry yellow cake mix evenly over the peaches.
- Put the butter in a microwave safe dish. Heat for 20 second at a time until the the butter is melted.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the top of the dry cake mix.
- Cover the pan with foil and place in the preheated oven. Cook for 45-50 minutes or until the middle has set.
- Serve in bowls with a topping of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.