Try this pumpkin-pecan pie for a delicious Thanksgiving dessert mash-up. It starts with a classic refrigerated pastry crust, but what makes this holiday dessert different is the pumpkin pie topping: pecans! Holiday’s with family and friends and this delicious Pumpkin Pie with Pecans!
Serve this with a spoonful of whipped topping or a scoop of vanilla ice cream! I prefer this served warm, but you could easily serve this cold.
Pumpkin Pie with Pecans
- 1 refrigerated pie crust or frozen
- 1 15oz Pumpkin Puree
- 1 12oz Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/4 cup whole pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare refrigerated or frozen Pie Pastry.
- Mix pecans and brown sugar in small bowl; place 3/4 cup pecan mixture in bottom of pie shell. Reserve remaining pecan mixture for topping.
- Combine pumpkin, half-and-half, granulated sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in large bowl; mix well. Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until just set in center.
- Add the whole pecans to the top of the partially cooked pumpkin arranging them so they do not overlap.
- Bake for 10 minutes more or until topping bubbles around edges. Cool on wire rack.