Simple but tasty Ranch Oyster Crackers are something I love to make for my kids. I am always looking for something that they will love, that is easy to make and one that is fairly healthy. Or at least healthy enough that I know what is in the snack.
These are made with your basic oyster cracker and zesty flavor. They are so simple yet delicious! You will also need a medium sized mixing bowl , parchment paper and a 15 by 10 inch rimmed baking sheet. You’ll find the oyster crackers near the saltines at your local grocery store and to get 16 ounces you may need several boxes of them, depending on your selection.
Anytime we go on a trip I make these ranch oyster crackers before we go. They are a tasty little snack and everyone seems to love them. I can also keep them in a ziploc baggie which makes it handy in a car. We snack on them for school snacks and after school snacks too. We even enjoy snacking on them during movies.
These are also great for an easy appetizer for a party or potluck and we’ve even used them to dip into simple soups like chicken noodle and tomato soup. Your family and friends will think you’ve slaved away at making amazing homemade crackers. Little will they know how simple and easy they are to put together!
More recipes to try:
Ranch Oyster Crackers
- 1 16 oz Oyster Crackers
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Package Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix vegetable oil, garlic powder and dry ranch seasoning mix.
- Add the crackers to a medium bowl. Pour the oil mixture over the top of the crackers and toss well.
- Arrange the crackers on a 15x10-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the crackers from the oven and cool on a piece of parchment paper.
- Store in a ziploc bag or a sealed container for up to 7 days.