Easy Cheese Quiche
Quiche is very easy to make and very tasty. My kids do not care for it but it is one of my favorites.Once a month, I try a new quiche or make one of my favorites.
I prefer to use my own homemade crust but when I am in a pinch for time, I have been known to use a refrigerated pie crust or a frozen pie crust from the store. Either option works for making the quiche.
I used a sharp cheddar cheese for this recipe. A mixture of mozzarella and cheddar cheese also makes a tasty quiche.
Easy Homemade Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, diced and chilled
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cold Water
- Combine the flour and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the diced butter and using a fork, cut the butter into the flour until little balls form.
- Add in the cold water and mix until a dough begins to form. Using clean hands, finish mixing the dough until a round ball forms.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to form your pie crust.
Frugal Cooking Tips:
- Easy Cheese Quiche is a basic quiche recipe. Use leftover chopped ham, or bacon or even a little chopped veggies in the quiche.
- Have just a little leftover bacon, ham or sausage? Store excess in a freezer bag and use this for morning eggs. Make an omelet or just scrambled eggs with the extras mixed in.
More recipes to try: