Every chance I get I make banana bread for my kids. It is the one thing that no matter how many times I make it, they never get tired of it. Sometimes I add chocolate chips to the batter and sometimes just some walnuts but most of the times, it is just my grandma’s recipe made as it is!
Sliced and warm with a little bit of butter, this is one of my daughter’s favorite snacks.
This recipe for Slow Cooker Banana Bread Oatmeal brings those flavors of the banana bread into a breakfast ready oatmeal. Top with chopped walnuts and additional sliced bananas before serving.
Slow Cooker Banana Bread Oatmeal
- 2 Cups Steel Cut Oatmeal
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Whole Bananas mashed
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to a 4 qt or 5 qt slow cooker. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
More recipes to enjoy: