I love making breakfast in my slow cooker. Especially this Slow Cooker Banana Oatmeal. My mornings are crazy enough between getting the kids ready and on the bus for school and then getting myself ready for the day, packing a lunch and getting off to work. Having something hot ready for me and the kiddos to eat first thing, well we all that just makes things easier and less stressful.
And it never fails, I buy a nice bunch of yellow bananas and within a couple of days, kids and I have eaten a few and the rest are starting to get a little too ripe and no one wants to eat them. And wasting food is not something I like to do.
Once my bananas start to turn and I know we are not going to eat them, I either cook with them, or bag them in ziploc bags. I put 3 medium bananas in each ziploc, label them and put them in the freezer. These are great for banana bread, oatmeal or even a smoothie.
Bananas add a nice flavor to oatmeal. This is an easy recipe to make and one that is ready in the morning. The oatmeal is full of bananas and flavor! I love to add a little extra cinnamon and some milk.
If the oatmeal is too thick, add a bit more milk and stir well. Spoon enough oatmeal into bowls and add any additional toppings. Enjoy!
More recipes like this :
Slow Cooker Banana Oatmeal
- 1 Cup Steel Cut Oats
- 3 Cups Milk
- 3 Medium Ripe Bananas sliced
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Coat the inside of a 4 qt slow cooker with cooking spray or line with a slow cooker liner.
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours.
- Serve with optional toppings.