I love making slow cooker buffalo chicken tacos. The shredded buffalo chicken is not only tasty on tacos, it is also good in burritos and nachos. I may have once used it on homemade pizza!
To make slow cooker buffalo chicken tacos you’ll need a 4 quart slow cooker, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butter and buffalo hot wing sauce. Pretty simple! I enjoy using the buffalo hot wing sauce because it’s an easy way to add great flavor and bite to the dish. I don’t have to worry about needing to get spices just right. The sauce is already perfect! Then you’ll just need your tortillas, chips and your cheese and veggies to add to your tortillas.
I used thawed chicken breasts for this recipe. You can add the chicken whole, or you can slice or chunk it. The butter helps the chicken stay tender and moist while the buffalo sauce gives it an awesome kick. Once the chicken is cooked, use two forks to shred the chicken right in the juices. Add the chicken and the juices to your tacos. I find that using a mixing bowl can be easier to shred. So typically I pull the chicken or other meat out and shred and then add back to the slow cooker to warm back up and mix back with the juices.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 cup buffalo hot wing sauce
- 3 tablespoons Butter melted
- Add chicken, buffalo sauce and butter to a 4 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove chicken and shred the meat with two forks.
- Mix shredded chicken with leftover sauce in the slow cooker coating all pieces.
- Serve in soft shell or hard shell flour tortillas with your favorite taco toppings!