Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Dip. 15 minutes to prepare this dip and 2 hours to cook. The great taste of Alfredo in an appetizer! Serve with toasted French Bread or pita chips.
I do not go out to eat on a regular basis. But when I do take my children out for a dinner, I LOVE getting a good Chicken Alfredo Pasta dish. And if I can find a great Seafood Alfredo Pasta, well that is my absolute favorite. Growing up, my dad would take us to Red Lobster once every couple of months. I loved their Alfredo dishes.
I have made my own Alfredo at home and do enjoy it. I have also made it for the neighbor’s son. It is one of his favorite meals.
I ran across this recipe for Chicken Alfredo Dip and of course I had to make it.
I love my Alfredo with lots of garlic in it. I only put 2 cloves in this recipe, you can do 3 or 4 if you like more garlic.
This dip can also be made in the oven. Melt the butter and mix in the flour, salt, garlic and parsley. Whisk the mixture for about 2 minutes until a rue forms. Add in the broth and milk and continue to whisk. Add the softened cream cheese to the bottom of a baking pan (smaller sized one). Layer the chicken, then the alfredo sauce and next the mozzarella cheese and then Parmesan cheese. Bake for 350 for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble.
Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Dip
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese softened and cubed
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella chese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- On the stove top, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Add in parsley, salt and garlic and cook for one minute to form a rue.
- Add the rue to a 4 qt or 5 qt slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours.
- Serve with toasted slices of French bread on WARM.