Slow Cooker Creamy Fiesta Chicken mixes some of my favorite foods. Salsa, Cream Cheese, Black Beans, and of course, chicken. It’s an easy dump and go meal, with almost no prep work (gotta drain some corn and rinse the black beans). I really like this recipe because I can easily make it to the tastes of my family. If your family likes really hot vs really bland, you just choose the corresponding salsa.
This dish can be served on flour tortillas, corn tortillas or by itself with tortilla chips. It also can be served on top of white or brown rice. We are all about being frugal, so we used some extra tortillas we had in the fridge.
You’ll need a couple of strong forks and a good size bowl once the chicken is cooked so you can pull the chicken out and shred it. The chicken is so moist that you’ll find this is easy to do. Put the chicken back with your brick of cream cheese and the meal should be ready in about 30 minutes. I also left the lid off for an additional 30 minutes to help some of the moisture evaporate, while leaving the heat on so it wouldn’t get cold.
You can halve this recipe and cook in a smaller slow cooker. With the full recipe I used my 6 quart cooker.
Slow Cooker Creamy Fiesta Chicken
- 6-8 Boneless Chicken Breasts Frozen or Thawed
- 30 Ounce Jar of Salsa This does not need to be exact
- 2 15 1/2 Ounce Cans of Black Beans Drained and rinsed
- 2 15 ounce Cans of Corn Drained. Can also use frozen.
- 1 8 ounce Pack of Cream Cheese
- 1 Package of Flour tortillas Can also use tortilla chips or rice
- shredded cheese
- Cooking Spray
- Spray the cooker with cooking spray
- Place the chicken at the bottom of the crock.
- Cover with the Salsa.
- Pour the drained corn and drained/rinsed black beans over the salsa. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Once chicken is done, pull just the chicken out into a separate bowl with several strong forks and shred the meat. Place back into the cooker.
- Mix well and add the brick of cream cheese, pushing it under the liquid.
- Let it melt for about 30 minutes. If you have excess liquid allow the cooker to sit without the lid for an additional 30 minutes while still on.
- Serve on tortillas, with chips or on rice.