Slow Cooker Creamy Herb Pork is a great Sunday Dinner dish that we’ve put together. Loved the creamy, herb taste and loved how easy it was to make, yet it looks like a complex dish. We love having Pork on Sunday evening for dinner. Whether that’s a bone-in chop, boneless chop or pork loin, they all work well for this recipe.
Love a good herb flavor so I chose a Herb flavor Box of Stuffing. There are some great bagged versions too, that will be close enough size wise. They also make Pork Flavor Stuffing which would be equally great.
Use a large 6 quart or larger Slow Cooker, or even a Casserole Slow Cooker would work because it will help spread everything out wider. As for other supplies you’ll need measuring cups, mixing bowl, cutting board and knife.
When preparing Slow Cooker Creamy Herb Pork you can mix the wet ingredients ahead of time and store them in the fridge. Then put the dish together before heading out the door. It’s great dish to use when you need a simple dish.
You can experiment with the dish, so don’t get tied to the exact cuts of meat listed. Make this recipe with chicken breasts or 1-2 of long pork tenderloin that are not marinated. Even a tray of cubed stew beef would work or chicken tenderloins. Our goal is to try to come up with dishes that can easily be altered so you can use what’s in your pantry and fridge/freezer. Great way to be frugal, by using up what you already have. Not having to make special trips to the store creates less waste and keeps you from buying a cart of extra.
Another great Pork Recipe. Oven Grilled St. Louis Pork Ribs.
Slow Cooker Creamy Herb Pork
- 2 Pounds Pork Chops or Loin I would use boneless. This is approx 6-8 chops.
- 1 Box (6 oz) Stuffing Dr1y
- 1 Can (10.5) Cream of Celery Can also use Cream of Onion, Mushroom or Chicken
- 3/4th Cup Sour Cream
- 1/3rd Cup Water
- 1 Large Yellow Onion Sliced
- 2 Stalks Celery thin sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- cooking Spray
- Spray the Slow Cooker with Cooking Spray, Season the Pork with Salt and Pepper and then place the Pork at the bottom of the Cooker.
- Sprinkle the pork with the dry stuffing mixing.
- Mix the Cream of Soup, Water and Sour Cream until it’s smooth. Spread with a spatula over the pork.
- Spread the onions and celery over the sauce. You can sprinkle more salt and pepper if you wish. Sprinkle Paprika over the entire dish.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Be sure to check the pork temperature before ending. If you need to spread the meal out further you can serve over rice.