I love cooking Slow Cooker Easy Meatloaf because it’s so moist and tender. My kids come running when I make it, which is quite rewarding as a mother. It only takes a few minutes to put together, and we love having it on Sunday because I can make it early afternoon and let it cook all day. I enjoy not having to worry about Sunday dinner.
To make this easier there are several things I do. With this recipe I shred the onion instead of chopping. Shredding only takes seconds. I use vinyl or nitrile gloves when I’m mixing the ground meat mixture. This time I also used an extra slow cooker liner to line the bowl while I mixed everything. I just am not fond of raw meat that I need to scrub out of a bowl into my sink. So I’m happier if I can just throw the mess away.
I prefer to use ground beef and ground turkey in my Slow Cooker Easy Meatloaf to lower the fat. Bonus currently we can get ground turkey at really low prices, whereas beef is the opposite. You can, of course, use just ground beef. You can also use ground chicken.
For this recipe you will need several mixing bowls, a spatula to mix and scrape, meat thermometer, liner or foil before you eat it. Once you are ready to eat it, you will need a plate, another large plate or platter and two large flat spatulas (pancake spatulas) to slide out the meat loaf from the liner/foil.
Another great dinner meal. Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops
Slow Cooker Easy Meatloaf
- 1 Pound 93% lean ground beef (you can use 2 lbs and skip turkey if you prefer)
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Grated
- 1/4th Cup Ketchup
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 3 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon BBQ Sauce
- Liner or Foil
- In a mixing bowl combine ground meat along with all other ingredients except the topping ingredients & Parmesan Cheese
- Mix well with your hand, so all of the egg is spread through the meat, all the meat is spread and all powder is damp.
- You will want either a liner or foil in the slow cooker so that you can easily pull out the meatloaf once it is done. Scoop out the meatloaf mixture and make into a loaf size in the bottom of the cooker making sure it isn't touching the edges of the cooker.
- Once the loaf is ready, carefully sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the loaf.
- Mix the topping ingredients in a small bowl. Carefully spread the topping mixture over the loaf and Parmesan Cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or 3-4 hours on high. On high you will need to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn on the edges.
- Once it has cooked, use a meat thermometer to make sure it reaches at least 165 degrees.
- You will want a large dinner plate to put the loaf on before transferring. Pull the meatloaf out in the liner or by the foil and put on the plate. Push down the liner or foil. Have either a platter or another plate ready next to it. Use two large flat spatulas to go under the meatloaf and carefully transfer to the platter/plate. Cut into slices.