Love this Slow Cooker Easy Taco Soup recipe because I always have the ingredients on hand and it”s so fast to put together. It’s a great recipe when I need to come up with a meal in a pinch. There are several ways I use shortcuts with this recipe.
First I am a stickler about keeping all of the canned ingredients and packets on hand. We have a stocked pantry, and I don’t want to be stuck in the situation where I can’t be making simple meals like this. I also don’t want to be running to the grocery store more then once a week.
Second I love to have the Hamburger prepped ahead of time by cooking 5-10 pounds at once in the slow cooker. Then once it’s ready, drain and divide up into smaller freezer bags. Freeze those bags and just pull them out as needed. I am far less apt to hesitate on making a meal from scratch if I have the hamburger pre cooked.
I used a 6 quart slow cooker to cook the Slow Cooker Easy Taco Soup. This recipe can be halved or doubled, but you’ll need a far larger slow cooker to double it. We had 10 servings just with this recipe alone. So more than enough for our family.
Another great “taco” recipe Frito Taco Casserole!
Slow Cooker Easy Taco Soup
- 1 Pound Ground Hamburger Or Chicken, Turkey Browned
- 1 small Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Cans (14.5) Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic, Oregano
- 1 Can (10 oz) Rotel
- 1 Can (16 oz) Pinto Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Can (15.5 oz) Kidney Beans Drained
- 1 Can (15 oz) Black Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Can (15.25) Corn Drained
- 1 Can (14.5) Chicken Broth
- 1 1 oz Taco Packet
- 1 1 oz Ranch Packet
- Tortilla Chips, Shredded Sour Cream, Avocado as garnishments
- Brown the Hamburger (or ground turkey/chicken) and drain the grease. Chop the yellow onion and add both to the slow cooker.
- Rinse and Drain Pinto Beans and Black Beans and add to Slow Cooker. Drain Kidney Beans & add to Slow Cooker.
- Add Rotel and Cans of Diced Tomatoes to the Slow Cooker. Add both Packets.
- Add the can of chicken broth and mix well. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours. Garnish with cheese, sour cream, avocado, and tortilla chips.