I needed a good appetizer dish for a party, so I put together Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs. It’s a very simple dish of frozen meatballs, pineapple tidbits, BBQ Sauce and Brown Sugar. You can serve it on rice, pasta or by itself.
It’s a great handy dish for dinner, potlucks, dinner parties and even tailgating. So what will you need? Obviously a Slow Cooker, The cooking spray, ingredients like a great BBQ sauce and tidbits, mixing bowl, measuring cups and maybe even some fun toothpicks and an appetizer serving tray. If you’re serving Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs on rice you’ll need to cook the rice on the stove top, using a rice cooker or your instant pot.
When I’m serving it for a party or tailgate I double the batch. So for sure you’ll need a 6 quart or larger slow cooker. I also use a portable charger to help with keeping em warm at the tailgate. I enjoy bringing meatballs because it’s affordable and easy to put together. Everyone loves them, they also fill you up. Best Part is how flexible they can be. So many recipes, you can add them to or just eat them alone. I think over rice is the favorite in our home.
How to cook rice in an instant pot? Instant Pot Jasmine Rice (Sticky Rice).
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs
- 1 32 (oz) Frozen Meatballs
- 1 18 (oz) Bottle of BBQ Sauce
- 1 20 (oz) can Pineapple Tidbits with the juice
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 2-3 Cups Rice This will not go in the Slow Cooker
- Cooking Spray
- Spray the Slow Cooker with Cooking Spray. Dump the Meatballs in the Slow Cooker.
- Mix the BBQ Sauce, Pineapple Tidbits with Juice, and brown sugar. Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve over Rice, Noodles or as an appetizer.