Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs is a yummy appetizer to make in the slow cooker. Super easy and super delicious!
This is by far one of my favorite recipes to cook in the slow cooker. The meatballs cook slow and low allowing the ingredients to seep into the meatballs making it that more delicious. The first time I made this recipe,my kids needed an item to bring to a 4-H Holiday Party. I made a double batch of these meatballs. After 20 kids made it through the line, there were 3 meatballs left, and one of those was only a portion of a whole meatball. The kids loved them as did the parents.
I love the sauce on these Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs so much, I make the sauce to coat my chicken wings. The sauce is just spicy enough to make it tasty on chicken wings. My local store sells frozen batter chicken wings. They come in a 5 pound bag and once cooked, make a great boneless chicken wing. My kids love the bone in wings, but love these more. They sell them for a really great price and I try to get two bags at once. I make these sauce and then coat the boneless chicken wings in them and my kids (and their friends) eat them faster than I can make them.
Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs
- 1 24 oz Frozen Beef or Turkey Meatballs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup Light or Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup hot sauce like Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Dump the frozen meatballs in a 4 qt or 5 qt slow cooker.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the liquid over the top of the meatballs making sure to scrape the bowl clean.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours stirring at least once.
- Serve on WARM with toothpicks.
More recipes to try:
Slow Cooker Meatball Sub Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Meatballs