Slow Cooker Kielbasa and BBQ Beans is a recipe I put together to use up some extra browned hamburger I had. One of my favorite ways to be frugal is to not waste leftover food in the fridge. You should find most of the ingredients in your well stocked pantry.
Slow Cooker Kielbasa and BBQ Beans is a protein rich meal with the various meat and beans. We ate it as a one bowl meal, but it can also be used a side dish. Baked BBQ Bean dishes are also perfect for potlucks or parties. My son loved it so much he had 3 servings!
Ground Sausage or Ground Turkey/chicken can be used instead of hamburger. Also use whatever beans your family loves the best. Kidney beans, garbanzo beans, white beans, red beans would also be great. If you want this spicy you can use a spicy sausage, spicy chili beans, spicy bbq sauce and bold baked beans.
Check out similar recipes
Slow Cooker Kielbasa and BBQ Beans
- 1 14 oz Package Kielbasa sliced I used Turkey
- 1 small Onion, chopped Yellow
- 1 Cup Hamburger, browned
- 1 Can (28 oz) Baked Beans
- 1 Can (25 oz) Black Beans Drained and rinsed
- 1 Can (15 oz) Pork and Beans Drained
- 1 Can (15 oz) Chili Beans Do not drain
- 1 Cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4th Cup Ketchup
- 1/4th Cup Brown sugar
- 1/4th Cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Brown Hamburger if necessary (I used leftover hamburger) and then brown the kielbasa and chopped onion on the stove top.
- In the Slow Cooker pour all of the beans into the crock, the sauces, honey, syrup and brown sugar. Add the hamburger, chopped onion and kielbasa.
- Stir well and cook on low for 6-8 hours. You will want to eyeball the meal a few times to stir if necessary so it doesn't burn on the sides.