Slow Cooker Lil’ Smokies and Beans
I had grand plans to make a Lil’ Smokies dish for New Years Eve. As with the hustle and bustle of the normal holiday season, our fridge was bursting with yummy leftovers, finger foods and pies. I had forgotten about the Lil’ Smokies I had purchased. So grand plans are great until you have to follow through and we were just too busy. Needing to use them, a few weeks later, I came up with this recipe. It’s a mix of rich Baked Beans, Beanie Weanies and Lil’ Smokies. I used flavorful molasses, real maple syrup, good bbq sauce and Dijon Mustard to add to the kick.
I had Dr. Pepper Sweet and a Bit Sassy Baked Beans. These are something fairly new at the store (at least where I live) and I had a great deal with my Ibotta app. I wanted to try them out, and they were yummy! Obviously you can use any baked beans of your preference. They were a perfect choice to make the Slow Cooker Lil’ Smokies and Beans.
We had guests coming and so we needed a hearty dish to serve them. This makes a great side dish and with the leftovers for the next day we paired it with grilled cheese sandwiches. Super easy!
Slow Cooker Lil' Smokies and Beans
- 1 24 ounces Beef Little Smokies
- 4 (15 ounce) Cans Baked Beans drained
- 2 (15 ounce) Cans Pork and Beans drained
- 1 (15 ounce) Can Chili Beans drained
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup I used the real stuff!
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Drain all Beans and add to the slow cooker.
- Chop the Onion and add to the slow cooker.
- Pour in the Little Smokies.
- Add your remaining ingredients (molasses, BBQ sauce, maple syrup and Dijon mustard) and stir well. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.