Slow Cooker Orange Teriyaki Meatballs is a great party dish, great for tailgating and yet can be dinner as well. Mixing up a batch for a party you’ll want some tooth pics on hand so people can easily serve themselves. For a meal you’ll want to have rice or a nice pasta to serve them on.
I keep a few bags of meatballs in the freezer so I can put these together at any time. It’s so easy to whip up, and since I have rice or noodles on hand I can easily finish the rest of the dish too.
For tailgating it can really help to have the newer slow cookers that have the lids that can latch. They are great in a vehicle so none of the Slow Cooker Orange Teriyaki Meatballs can slip out. This is my favorite one. Just remember that you don’t latch it while it’s being used and on, just for transporting. To help keep the dish warm while driving to the parking lot, towels covering the crock does a great job of keeping it hot. Then once you get to the game, you can use a power inverter plugged into the accessory socket to plug your slow cooker into.
Need another great meatball recipe? Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Meatballs!
Slow Cooker Orange Teriyaki Meatballs
- 14 Ounces Frozen Precooked Meatballs Doesn’t need to be exact
- 1/4th Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Orange Juice Can also be Pineapple Juice
- 1/3 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger, minced
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Cooking Spray
- Spray inside of Slow Cooker.
- In a small bowl mix all ingredients except the meatballs and the 2 tablespoons of cornstarch/water with a whisk.
- Pour the meatballs in the slow cooker.
- Make a slurry with the 2 tablespoons of water and cornstarch.
- Slowly add the slurry to the Teriyaki Sauce to thicken it up, using the whisk.
- Pour the thickened Teriyaki Sauce over the meatballs and carefully coat them. Cook on low for 4 hours. If it still needs to get thicker, turn it up higher for an additional hour.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
More Recipes to Try