Slow Cooker Parmesan Crusted Chops is a dish that is adapted from a regular casserole dish. We love having Pork for Sunday Dinner so this was a fun meal to put together and eat. This is not a quick dish to put together, so you’ll need to do it when you have enough time BUT when you brown meat and then slow cook it, it tastes divine. Even better this recipe is browning the parmesan and spices into the meat.
You will want to use either a large Slow Cooker or a Casserole Slow Cooker. You will need a large flat flying pan, tongs, wide flat bowl, measuring spoons/cups, cutting board and knife.
Slow Cooker Parmesan Crusted Chops can still be made in your oven as a casserole instead. You’ll need a casserole dish, and then you will follow basically the same instructions as the slow cooker version. To bake you will cook them for about an hour at 350 if the chops are one inch thick, If they are regular thickness, you’ll want 350 for 30 minutes. Be sure to check temps with a meat thermometer.
Slow Cooker Parmesan Crusted Chops is like most of my recipes. You can swap out many of the ingredients. Chicken Breasts instead of Pork Chops. Potato Slices instead of carrot chips. Homemade bread crumbs. Use what you already have on hand. That’s how we can be frugal.
Another great Pork Chop Recipe! Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops.
Slow Cooker Parmesan Crusted Chops
- 6 Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 Bag (12 oz) Carrot Chips Baby Carrots can be used as well
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Quartered
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 3/4th Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Paprika
- 2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Pepper
- Cooking Spray
- Spray Slow Cooker with Cooking Spray. Peel and Quarter Onion Spread Onion and Carrot Chips at the bottom of the Slow Cooker.
- Mix the Cheese, bread crumbs and all spices in a wide bowl. In a wide frying pan pour your 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil and be prepared to brown the pork chops for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side
- In that wide bowl, coat each pork chop with the bread crumb, cheese, spice mixture. Then Place in the frying pan and just lightly brown on each side including the edges. You do not need to cook through, just slightly brown. If this is a one in or larger thick chop brown for about 5 minutes If it's quite thin, do it for about 2 1/2 minutes. You do not want to finish cooking the chop
- Place each browned pork chop into the slow cooker spreading them across over the veggies.
- With your remaining bread crumbs, cheese, spices you can our that on the top of the pork chops. Cover and cook for 4-5 hours on low. 3 on high. Be sure to keep an eye on these in case they finish quicker. Hard to tell how it will go the first time.