I love coming up with great Sunday dinners and Slow Cooker Parmesan Pork Chops was another great hit. This is a creamy dish with a great Parmesan flavor. With the sweet potatoes it adds some nice nutrition to the dish as well. The color of the sweet potato gives your dish a great pop as well.
You will need a 6.5 or larger Slow Cooker (If you don’t have one this large, you’ll want to cut the recipe in half and just do one layer). You’ll want a basting brush, cutting board and knife, mixing bowl and measuring spoons/cups .
I like to use Cream of Onion with this recipe since I’m not adding onion itself to the dish. You can also use Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Celery.
I served Slow Cooker Parmesan Pork Chops with just the pork chops, sweet potatoes and sauce. However you can serve this over rice, pasta or even regular mashed potatoes. If you prefer you could swap the sweet potatoes for pearl or similar size potatoes, fresh green beans or baby carrots. You could even make a separate mashed sweet potatoes or mashed cauliflower and just serve the pork chops and sauce over. Remember with the cauliflower that it takes on the sauce flavor that you are using, so you’ll want to mix some residual sauce and juices into it to calm that cauli flavor down. Experiment!
Another Great Parmesan Recipe: Slow Cooker Parmesan Potato Chowder
Slow Cooker Parmesan Pork Chops
- 6-8 Pork Chops
- 2 Cans (10.5 oz) Cream of Onion Soup Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Celery can be used too.
- 2 Med to large Sweet Potatoes Sliced or cubed
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons ground paprika
- Pepper & Salt
- Cooking Spray
- Spray Slow Cooker with Cooking Spray.
- Thick Slice or Dice the Sweet Potatoes.
- Mix the Parmesan Cheese, Bread Crumbs, Paprika and Italian Seasoning in a small bowl.
- Lay the first layer of Pork Chops down flat on the bottom of the Slow Cooker, squishing them if necessary. Put half the sweet potatoes into any spaces you can.
- Spread the first can of Cream of Onion over the Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes. Sprinkle half of the dry ingredient mixture. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.
- Lay your next layer of Pork Chops, squish them in as needed in available areas, add the rest of the sweet potatoes in any areas you can fit them in.
- Spread the other can of Cream of Onion Soup. Sprinkle the rest of the dry ingredients over the chops and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and Cook on low 4-6 hours. Check with a meat thermometer before serving.