Slow Cooker Parmesan Zucchini & Squash is a great recipe to whip up when you have a large garden harvest. This time of year we have so much Zucchini and Yellow Squash that we run out of ideas on what to do with it all. I try to come up with new squash recipes for my family to eat. They loved this recipe!
I was able to use some extra stuffing I had on hand. Store bought or home made bread crumbs would work out great as well.
I used my casserole slow cooker for this dish. I love using my slow cooker casserole dish because it spreads the dish out, and it’s pretty enough to serve out of on the table.. If you don’t have a casserole slow cooker you can use a 6.0 quart or larger oval crock.
There are several “squashes” that can be used for Slow Cooker Parmesan Zucchini & Squash . Yellow Straight-neck Squash and Crookneck Squash are going to give you that pretty yellow color to offset the green in the zucchini. I didn’t have any Mixed Button Squash on hand, but those would be marvelous for this meal as well.
I used fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese to give it a distinct flavor, but you could also use Provolone Cheese or Romano Cheese. You could even mix all three. I may need to make this dish again, just thinking about that..ha!
Don’t be afraid to add other veggies as well. Thick Sliced Tomatoes or Tiny baby potatoes or even pearl onions would be a perfect addition.
Another great veggie recipe! Slow Cooker Au Gratin Potatoes n Broccoli
Slow Cooker Parmesan Zucchini & Squash
- 4 Small Zucchini Sliced
- 4 Small Yellow Squash Sliced
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, Sliced
- 1/4th Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoining
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4th Cup Butter
- 1/4th Cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded Have on hand a little extra too!
- 1/4th Cup Dry Stuffing
- Cooking Spray
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking Spray. Mix the spices in a small bowl. Pour the sliced Zucchini, Yellow Squash and Onions in a bowl and mix the spices into the veggies.
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan Cheese and then stuffing. Divide the butter into multiple little pats and spread across the top. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. When ready to serve I poured an additional bit of Parmesan cheese right before serving.