Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Potatoes is easy to make and a dinner your family will love. Serve with a side of vegetables and some warm rolls to make it complete.
I remember growing up, Sunday was Pot Roast for dinner. My grandma would buy a bag of potatoes, a bag of carrots and a bag of yellow onions. Everything was added to a large roaster pan and then to the oven it went. She would cook it on a low temperature and every so often she would scoop the juices over the top of the meat.
I know if my Grandma had the opportunity to use a slow cooker for her roast, she would of jumped at the chance to use it. I have a 6 quart slow cooker (the same one my neighbor borrows when he is cooking a roast) but now you can get a 7 quart larger one. My 6 quart is very roomy and holds a good size roast with ease, but a 7 quart slow cooker! Well just WOW!
My secret to a good roast is to leave a good amount of fat still on the meat. My Grandma always said this was the “good part” and what would give you all your good drippings.
More recipes to try:
Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Potatoes
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- 2 pounds Potatoes cut into large cubes
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large Yellow Onion sliced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon dried roasemary
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried bail
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- Using a 5qt or larger slow cooker, add the onions, pot roast and potatoes in that order.
- In a bowl, mix all the spices and sprinkle on top of the pot roast and potatoes.
- Pour the beef stock in and around the pot roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.