There are only two ingredients in this Slow Cooker Ranch Potatoes side dish to make this easy potato meal. I knew my kids would love the potatoes and we enjoyed the leftovers the next day too. I can use this dry mix on many foods and my kids will devour it so I keep some in our pantry on hand.
I used a 5 quart size slow cooker and otherwise you only need the potatoes and dry ranch mix. So easy and simple!
The seasoning infused flavor tastes delicious and it’s an easy way to use up that bag of potatoes you have in your pantry. Serve these with your favorite roast, chicken or ham. You can even step your meals up and use the Dry Ranch Mix on other veggies like carrots, green beans or squash.
The Ranch Potatoes are also naturally vegan, if you use the Homemade Dry Ranch Dressing Mix, so if that is your preference, you’ll find this a great go-to dish for your family.
To make your own homemade dry ranch dressing mix:
Homemade Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon granulated dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Mix the ingredients in a small bowl. 1 tablespoon homemade equals one store purchased package. Store remaining dressing mix for later, in a small air tight container or a zipper baggie.
More recipes to try:
Slow Cooker Ranch Potatoes
- 3 pounds Potatoes cleaned and thick cut
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- Cut your potatoes to the size you want.
- Sprinkle the dry ranch dressing over the potatoes. Toss to coat all the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes to a 5qt or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve as a side dish for your favorite meal.