This is one of my favorite recipes Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken. Easy to make, healthy, and full of flavor. Just put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and let the machine do the work. There are many variations as to how to use the finished product, and your family is guaranteed to like each one. Serve with fresh or frozen veggies and rice for a tasty meal.
When I was younger and in college, I was always looking for cheap but tasty meals. One of my favorite was to take a boneless skinless chicken breast and some salsa and wrap it in foil to cook in the oven. The chicken came out moist and delicious and full of flavor from the salsa. Definitely my favorite meal!
This Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is that recipe with a twist!
If you love Mexican shredded chicken, this one falls in the must-try category. Why? It only requires 2 ingredients. It takes less than 2 minutes to prep. And then once your slow cooker has worked its magic, it takes less than 2 minutes to shred. And then this wonderfully seasoned, simple, juicy, flavorful chicken is yours “2” enjoy on countless dishes. (Couldn’t resist.)
How to Serve Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa
This chicken is tasty and easy to switch up the type of meal you are having.
- Serve in tacos soft or hard shell with your favorite toppings.
- Make burritos using this shredded meat as a filler.
- Nachos! Serve on nachos chips topped with shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, onions and avocado.
- Rice bowls! Spoon on top of cooked rice with your favorite toppings.
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 1 4 quart or larger slow cooker
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 16oz Jar of Salsa
- Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour the salsa over the top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3 hours.
- Serve whole or shredded over white rice.