Slow Cooker S’mores Bars is a great dessert for those times you want s’mores but don’t have a fire pit handy, or you need a fun treat. My family absolutely loved these and were amazed that something so fun could be made from our slow cooker. Our first evening we ate them gooey as a normal s’mores and after that we enjoyed them like a typical bar cookie.
When I went shopping to purchase the ingredients I found a box of pre-made graham cracker crumbs. You, of course, do not have to purchase the per-crumbled graham crackers, but I was happy to skip that step! Do not worry if your graham cracker amount is not exactly the same amount as what I have. As long as it’s close, they will work. I also did not realize that the marshmallows I had purchased were the StackerMallows which are a flat square vs the mini marshmallows. These are not out for most of the year, so I would just try and purchase the mini marshmallows. There really isn’t any different except for size.
I used my casserole crock to bake the Slow Cooker S’mores Bars and store them after. If you don’t have that size of Slow Cooker, use the most oblong one that you have. I would not use the smaller round version unless you halve the recipe.
Slow Cooker S'mores Bars
- 13 Ounces Graham Crackers, crumbs
- 21 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 Can (14 Ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Butterscotch Chips
- 2 Cups Marshmallows (Mini's work the best)
- Cooking Spray
- Turn your Slow Cooker on high to preheat. In a large mixing bowl combine the Graham Cracker Crumbs with the melted butter until all of the Graham Cracker Crumbs are moist.
- Pour the moist cracker crumbs into the slow cooker and mold the cracker crumbs into the cooker (remember that it is hot) with a spatula.
- Cover and cook on high for 45 Minutes.
- Uncover and spread the chocolate chips and then the butterscotch chips over the cracker crumbs.
- Pour the Sweetened Condensed Milk over the chips and graham cracker crumbs, covering the edges well along with the rest of the mixture.
- Cover the mixture with marshmallows. Re-cover the lid and bake for an additional 1 1/2 to 2 hours and 15 minutes. You want the marshmallows melted, chocolate melted and the crumbs to harden with the sweetened condensed milk without burning. If you feel it is getting too brown on the edges you can turn on low or can turn off.
- If you want a really gooey bar cookie, you can wait until it's just cool enough to be touched to serve. If you want a nice firm bar cookie you can wait until it's completely cooled off to cut and serve. I just stored it right in the casserole slow cooker with the lid, instead of removing and storing in a different container.