Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops
The way I see it is there are two ways to cook pork chops. One way is grilled. Nothing better than pork chops cooked on the grill during nice weather. My kids love grilled vegetables and grilled pineapple on a stick!
But, sometimes there is no time to do grilling. The next best way to cook pork chops is in the slow cooker. The chops come out moist and fork tender and there are many different recipes to satisfy any taste.
These Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops are tasty and have lots of extra gravy to pour over the chops. I don’t know about you, but I like smothering my noodles in gravy and getting that added taste.
- Purchase a pork loin on sale and have the butcher slice the loin. Most do not know that the butcher will do this for you. Have them do half the loin sliced and half not. You now have boneless pork chops and a loin to make pulled pork.
More recipes like this:
Slow cooker Smothered Pork Chops
- 4 whole bone-in pork chops
- 1 oz dry onion soup mix packet
- 1 14 oz Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 10.5 oz Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 oz Dry Pork Gravy Mix packet
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- In a mixing bowl, mix the dry onion soup mix, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, dry pork gravy mix and the garlic powder.
- Place the pork chops in the bottom of a 4 qt or larger slow cooker.
- Pour the liquid over the pork chops.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the pork chops from the slow cooker.
- Pour the liquid over the pork chops prior to serving.