Making meatballs in the slow cooker are one of the easiest things to make. You can use them as an appetizer (serve out of the slow cooker on WARM with toothpicks) or as part of the main dish. These Slow Cooker Sweet N Sour meatballs can be used either way and either way they are yummy!
It turned out so good that even my picky eaters enjoyed it. SCORE! It was so simple to make and my house smelled AMAZING while it cooked. The sauce is a wonderful blend of sweet and tangy. And the meatballs came out so tender!
Add the ingredients and allow the slow cooker to do the work. I chose to serve these over rice as part of the main meal. But, I have also taken a slow cooker of the same meatballs to a family party and served them as an appetizer. Hmmm…whenever I do this, I never come home with leftovers!
I used my 6 quart slow cooker and the only other items I needed was a cutting board, knife and small mixing bowl. I keep rice on hand, soy sauce, sweet and sour sauce and always try to have at least one bag of meatballs in my freezer. They are one of my favorite multi use foods.
Tips for Making Meatballs in the Slow Cooker
- These meatballs can simply be an appetizer (served from the slow cooker) or you can serve over rice for a meal.
- The meatballs do not need to be thawed first. Dump them in frozen.
- Don’t like peppers? Just leave them out!
- Frozen meatball packages all come in varying sizes depending on the brand. This recipe will accommodate all standard size bags of meatballs – as long as it isn’t family size, it will work.
- Add in chunks of pineapple to add to the flavor! Drain a can of Pineapple chunks of the juice and add in just the pineapple pieces.
Slow Cooker Sweet N Sour Meatballs
- 2 pounds frozen fully cooked meatballs
- 2 medium carrots peeled and julienned
- 1 small Yellow Onion peeled and diced
- 1 medium green bell peppered seeds removed and julienned
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 1 20oz sweet n sour sauce
- Place meatballs, garlic, green pepper, onion and carrots in crock-pot.
- In a bowl mix sweet n sour sauce and soy sauce.
- Pour over the meatballs
- Heat on LOW for 6-8 hours.