Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup is an easy soup to make that tastes great. We love dipping crackers or a slice of bread into the soup. Add the ingredients to the slow cooker and allow it to cook. All the work is done for you by the slow cooker.
It is simple to have all of these soup ingredients on hand in your frugal household just by keeping it stocked. You probably have them already in your pantry. My favorite recipes are those that I don’t have to run to the grocery store first! To make sure I have available ingredients I buy meat on clearance and freeze it. I also purchase meat in bulk and cook it first and then freeze it. I can (process with a pressure canner or water bath can) fruit and veggies that I get fresh from my garden. To purchase canned or frozen items cheaper I coupon (I love to coupon). I also use apps that give me cash back or look for bargain pricing at the store. If I’m real lucky I can pull off all 3 ways for one item.
For this Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup I used canned vegetables however you can substitute frozen if you prefer. I have used fresh corn that I self canned in place of the store purchased canned corn.
Either way, the soup is hearty and delicious! Grab your Slow Cooker and Big Can of Tomato Juice and get cooking!
More recipes to try:
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 Pound Extra Lean Ground Beef browned, crumbled and drained
- 1 46 oz Canned Vegetable Juice
- 1 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz canned corn drained
- 1 14.5 oz Canned Mixed Vegetables drained
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion diced
- On the stove top, brown the ground beef and onion. Drain any drippings.
- Add the cooked beef, vegetable juice, tomatoes, corn and mixed vegetables to a 5 qt or 6 qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Serve with French Bread or crackers.