Tasty Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili made with hearty beans, tender chicken and a creamy and rich broth. A great alternative to the traditional beef chili and makes for one super satisfying dinner!
While this chili is perfect for those Fall nights, where you can curl up on the couch with a big comfy blanket, it is also great for game day! Make this Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili the day of the big game and take it along with you in the crock-pot. This is one that everyone will enjoy while watching the game.
Can I freeze the leftovers? One of the ingredients in this chili is sour cream. Since sour cream does not freeze well, it will separate from the rest of the soup. Store this for up to 5 days in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
What to serve as a side to this chili? This Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili pairs nicely with a good home cooked cornbread or a slice of French bread. My family prefers a toasty grilled cheese to pair this with where I like simple saltine crackers with a little butter on top.
Can I make this on the stove top? Absolutely this recipe can be made on the stove top. It should be noted when cooking on the stove top, start by heating the olive oil, onions, celery and minced garlic until the onions are translucent. Then add in the remaining ingredients and cook on low heat for 40 minutes. Serve from the pan with a ladle.
Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
- 1 5 qt slow cooker
- 4 15.5 oz Cans of Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 4oz canned green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Jalapeno Pepper chopped
- On the stove top, heat the olive oil, onions, celery and minced garlic until the onions are translucent.
- Add the onion mixture and the remaining ingredients to a 5 qt or 6 qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours stirring occasionally.
- fresh avocado slices
- crunchy tortilla chips
- fresh cilantro
- chopped onions and jalapenos
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- green onions
More recipes to try:
Slow Cooker All American Chili
Slow cooker Kielbasa and BBQ Beans