Tangy goat cheese qives this quiche a unique and delicious flavor. This easy Spinach and Goat Cheese Quiche is perfect for brunching or a light vegetarian supper. I am a fan of the basic Spinach Quiche and really anything with spinach as an ingredient. But, the goat cheese added another layer of taste to the quiche making this my new favorite recipe to make.
Crust for a Quiche
By far the easiest pie crust to use for a quiche is a premade refrigerated crust that you can purchase in the store. these crusts are tasty and flaky and come in a pie tin. Once you make your filling, it is a pour and cook for the rest of the recipe.
Making your own pie crust is simple and requires a few ingredients to make. I have a love for homemade recipes and products but a hate for how long certain things can take. Pie crust is a simple recipe to make, but one that I have yet to perfect.
Can you make quiche ahead of time?
Yes, this is something you can do. If you plan on serving the Spinach and Goat Cheese Quiche later in the day or even the next day, coo, the quiche as normal. Let it cool to room temperature, then cover the quiche and refrigerate until you are ready to eat. Reheat the quiche in the oven and serve warm. I add foil to the top of the quiche before reheating so the crust or top of the quiche does not burn.
Can you freeze quiche?
Cook the quiche as the recipe describes and let it cool to room temperature. Wrap the quiche well and freeze for up to one month. Prior to reheating, defrost the quiche.
How to reheat quiche? to reheat a chilled quiche, preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Wrap foil over the top of the quiche and place on a baking sheet. Place in the oven for 15-25 minutes or until the quiche is heated through.
Spinach and Goat Cheese Quiche
- 1 9 inch pie crust
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 large shallots thinly sliced
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz goat cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On the stove top, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the shallots and cook until tender and translucent.
- Add in the spinach and use a rubber spatula or spoon to stir slowly allowing the spinach to wilt.
- Remove from heat and allow the spinach to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooled spinach to the egg mixture and stir.
- Pour the liquid into the pie crust.
- Add the crumbled goat cheese to the liquid spacing it evenly as possible.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes or until the liquid has set and the top of the quiche is just starting to brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
More recipes to try: