Spinach Bacon Dip
Everything is better with bacon in it! Or at least that is what one of my co-workers says on a regular basis. We have a running joke that if it has bacon in it, he wants to try it. And, I try and bring many things in with bacon as an ingredient just for him.
This is one that he got to try at work. Spinach dip is a classic dip that is tasty any time of the year. Add a little bacon to it, well we all know that it has just been taken up a couple of notches and you have this tasty Spinach Bacon Dip.
You can use frozen spinach for this recipe. Thaw the spinach and then squeeze the excess water out of it before using in this recipe. I search for good sales on canned spinach. I hate to use up precious freezer space and like to keep canned good items in my pantry that I use on a regular basis. Canned spinach is just as good as frozen spinach. You still need to squeeze the excess water out of the spinach before using it in any recipe.
Serve this Spinach Bacon Dip warm in a bowl surrounded with toasted French Bread slices, or tortilla chips or fresh veggies. This dip is great with just about any chip or bread items to use to dip with.
More recipes to try:
Spinach Bacon Dip
- 1 10 oz Frozen or Canned Spinach squeeze any excess water out
- 1 10.5 oz Canned Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1 12 oz bacon cooked, drained and chopped
- 1 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- In a skillet, brown the bacon. Remove the bacon from the skillet and allow to cool. Chop into bite size pieces.
- In a pan, add all the ingredients. Heat on low-medium heat stirring as it heats.
- Once all the cream cheese has melted, remove the dip from the heating element.
- Spoon into a bowl and serve with chips, slices of toasted bread or sliced pita bread.