What is better to snack on then a homemade Strawberry Banana popsicle that the family will love. 3 simple ingredients and a few hours to let the popsicles set, and you have yourself some homemade deliciousness!
How long does it take for the popsicles to freeze?
On average, 5 to 6 hours is what it will take for these popsicles to freeze. Remember they might look frozen when you look at the tops (the only part exposed) but do not be in a hurry to take them out. It takes longer for the middle to freeze then it does for the ouside of the popsicle.
Do I have to use honey?
Honey is my go to natural sweetener. But, you can use other ingredients to sweeten these popsicles.
- white sugar
- Sweetened Almond Milk
Like it sweeter? Add in 1/2 cup of your chosen sweetener instead of 1/4 cup. Too sweet for you? Add in less sweetener or no sweetener at all, but remember without sweetener your popsicles might be a little tart. I like to substitute Sweetened Almond milk for the sugar and water. And, if you use the Sweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, your popsicles will have the added vanilla flavoring.
Types of Popsicle Molds
- Plastic popsicle molds with premade sticks. These are nice, but it never fails to lose one of the stick holders or one of them breaks. You also have to fill the mold almost to the top otherwise you will have a space between the stick holder and the popsicle.
- Plastic popsicle molds that use popsicle sticks. I recently purchased on of these that has a cover to the mold that you stick the popsicle sticks in. This lid helps keep the popsicle sticks in one spot while the liquid freezes.
- paper kitchen cups. These are the go to back up plan if you do not have a mold. Line a baking pan with the cups and poor the liquid in. Allow the liquid to start to freeze (2-3 hours) before sticking a popsicle stick in the middle.
- Popsicle plastic sleeves. These are similar to the “flav-or-ice” popsicles that you purchase at the store. You cut one end of the frozen popsicle sleeve to get to the popsicle. Amazon sells ones that come with a zip top. They are quite easy to fill and are easy for the kids to use.
Strawberry Banana Popsicles
- 1 Popsicle mold
- 1 pound fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 pound bananas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- Add the ingredients to a blender. Blend until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.